Office Administration Assistant / Trainee
Our client, a leading organisation in the construction and design sector, is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Office Administrator to join their small, friendly team, based in central / East London within walking distance of Liverpool Street station. The team has a very strong history of good staff retention, and promoting from within, so this is an excellent opportunity for a committed and ambitious administrator to learn new skills and potentially train towards a more advanced role.
- Assisting the office manager with all aspects of the day to day running and administration of the Head Office
- General administration, including typing, distribution, copying, faxing and filing general correspondence.
- Binding and collating reports for professional presentations / tenders
- Answering all incoming calls in a prompt and effective manner
- Taking accurate messages
- Assisting at reception - meeting and greeting guests in a polite manner
- Prepare tea / coffee & lunches for meetings when appropriate
- Opening, distributing the post
- Outgoing post
- Scan correspondence and file electronically
- Ordering stationery.
- Updating staff list when necessary
- Office housekeeping (ensuring that workspace, meeting rooms etc are kept in a tidy and professional manner. Chairs are put back neatly).
- Kitchen is kept clean and tidy. Ordering tea / coffee etc when running low.
- To be fully aware / compliant of company branding guidelines.
Essential skills, qualifications and personal attributes
- Good telephone manner
- Confident and presentable manner for greeting guests
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Accurate typing skills with a minimum speed of 40 wpm
- Must be able to communicate articulately, positively and effectively
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- An enthusiastic, approachable and motivated person
- Would suit an entry-level applicant or someone with limited office experience seeking development
- Educated to GCSE standard
- Energetic and flexible team member
- Has a proactive and 'can do' attitude
- Able to continuously prioritise tasks to suit the Office Manager needs
- Sense of responsibility