Our client, a global provider of IT services, requires an exceptional, dynamic individual with excellent technical Desktop Support and Customer facing skills right up to board, director and CEO level, to be based in their London Office. This is a 2 month temporary contract starting in early January. Some weekend work may be required.
The Desktop Support Team is a functional division of the IT Group Production. It is tasked work through the Service Desk via the Remedy call management system.
The potential candidate will join the existing onsite Desktop Support Team. The role will require responding to and support all internal user incidents (break/fix) and work orders (installs, moves and changes) for computer technology on desks throughout the London offices. Additionally, the scope of this role reaches out to supporting 1st to 3rd level support for a number of the Company's VIP's.
A critical function of the role is the support of remote technologies such as iPad's and iPhone's. Candidates must have excellent troubleshooting experience and exposure for supporting use of such devices.
Working with Apple and Windows technology, the role will include the following responsibilities:
- Accept requests for support by Remedy Call management system or phone call.
- Assess the impact of each request and take appropriate action.
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot Windows 7, Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 365, Skype for business and any other authorised desktop applications.
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot for Cisco phones, printers, computer hardware and any other authorised peripheral equipment.
- Perform general preventative maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, printers and any other authorised peripheral equipment.
- Performs remedial repairs on computers, laptops, printers and any other authorised peripheral equipment.
- Customise desktop hardware to meet user specifications and site standards.
- Performs work in compliance within specified warranty requirements.
- Returns defective equipment/parts to maintenance inventory, documents customer repairs, maintains and restocks assigned parts inventory to insure proper spare parts levels
- Provide investigation, diagnosis, resolution and recovery for hardware/software problems.
- Full support of mobile telephony technologies such as Mobile Device Management Blackeberry, iPad, Smartphone and iPhone
- Responsible for monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting and restoring to service any terminal service client, personal computers (PC) or laptops that have authorized access to the network
- Facilitate the transfer of information between second line and third-party support groups
- Ensure all documentation and procedures are kept up to date, making changes where necessary
- Ensure effective, pro-active monitoring and management is in place for all relevant systems at Client office
- Ensure that system downtime is kept to a minimum and system recovery meets the required service level.
- Deploy MS Security patches to desktops/laptops including patches for Adobe Reader, Flash & Shockwave Players
- Perform daily check on RSA, McAfee EPO Console, Inactive machines in Altiris, & VIP systems.
- Manage VDI/VMware capacity and requests.
- Assist in the publication of customer self-help material
- Assist users in configuration and setup for Wireless services
- Configuration and distribution of RSA tokens and license management.
Candidates are required to have 7+ years experience and solid technical knowledge in the following areas:
- Telecommunications and mobile technology (Cisco VoIP/ blackberry / iPad & iPhone)
- Video Conferencing
- Email Services
- HP Hardware (laptops/thin client and thick client / Printers)