Our client, a global organisation and leader in the finance and technology sectors, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Purchasing Specialist to join their fast paced Global Purchasing Operations department in Central London on a 6 months temporary contract basis.
It's a transactional role and your responsibilities will include going through purchase order requests, putting pruchase orders throuh SAP as well as supporting various stakeholders within the procurement team to help them identify buying channel opportunities and potential cost savings. The successful individual will be working closely with Accounts Payable and Procurement Sourcing teams.
The ideal candidate will be proactive and have excellent communication skills as well as strong attention to detail. You should possess good working knowledge of procurement process, be highly organised and efficient in handling rapid changes. SAP and ERP experience is not a must but PO experience in desirable.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creating purchase orders and submitting to suppliers in a timely manner, in compliance with policies and procedures
- Handling tickets
- Identifying buying channel opportunities and potential cost savings
- Reconciling goods receipt issues
- Handling change requests
- Meeting performance metrics and targets
- Liaising with suppliers, accounts payable and other business units
- Exhibiting outstanding customer service
- Relevant experience in Procurement Operations
- Ability to problem solve and find creative solutions
- Excellent communication skills and a personable manner
- Ability to work as part of a team and communicate successfully with suppliers and internal customers
- Excellent organisation skills and previous experience of administration working at a fast pace
- Great attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office package
- SAP, Oracle or other ERP knowledge preferred
- An additional language would be highly regarded
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Excellent project management skills and ability to multitask