We are a growing boutique recruitment agency providing a specialist recruitment service to a number of major key clients. Due to continued, rapid growth we are expanding and seeking either an experienced Recruiter or a quick-learning Recruitment Trainee/Junior to join us. For the right applicant, we can offer unique working conditions including flexible hours, a fun working environment and a non-corporate, quirky office location based on the fringes of the City and Shoreditch, equidistant from Angel and Old Street (with a lovely view of Regent's Canal).
We cover a variety of sectors but would particularly welcome applicants with a knowledge or keen interest in either finance or I.T. A second European language, such as German, French, Spanish, Italian or a Scandinavian language, would be very highly regarded but is not essential. A global outlook and an ability to build relationships with multicultural stakeholders is a key part of the role. We expect all of our staff to promote diversity and best practise recruitment without bias.
The right person will be an independent worker with an extremely high level of drive, bags of initiative, a cheerful personality and a high level of resilience (as rejection is commonplace in the recruitment industry, and thick skin is essential!) You must have very strong written and verbal communication skills in order to interact with candidates and clients. We have a dedicated Business Development manager who focuses on bringing in new clients, however, you will be required to use your relationship development and sales skills daily to interact with existing clients and passive job seekers.
This is a fast paced role with a high level of multi-tasking required in a pressured environment and suits someone who enjoys variety in a busy and demanding (but fun) environment, and who is motivated by money, personal development and career growth, along with dedicated to providing a superb level of customer service.
As a business we promote flexible working conditions and aim to create an environment that all of our staff enjoy. Our offices are ergonomically designed (we have standing desks for staff who want them, and even a resident cat) and staff are encouraged to take breaks to recharge and relax during the day. We promote personal development for our staff to grow.
The right person will initially begin on a competitive basic salary package with the view to joining our generous commission scheme depending on experience and performance.
We are small enough to offer the freedom of creativity and rapid innovation in our working environment and would suit someone who likes to work under their own initiative without the constraints of a large company 'machine'.
- Some experience of working in the recruitment industry
- Experience of using social media for recruitment would be ideal
- Familiarity with recruitment systems such as internal recruitment databases and job boards
- Experience of relationship development and a confident phone manner is crucial - we do not target our Consultants with sales calls, and we have a dedicated Business Development Manager who brings in new clients, but you must have the confidence to make outbound calls to existing clients and passive candidates ('head hunting') with a strong sales focus to your work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Can multi-task and work under pressure
- Accepts direction and constructive criticism
- A second European language highly regarded but not essential
- Insider knowledge of any industry welcomed, but experience of finance or I.T sectors preferred
- Committed to the role and genuine desire to progress within agency recruitment. A background in HR or internal recruitment would certainly be relevant but will only be considered along with a demonstrable desire to move to an agency environment
- Good academic background. A degree in any discipline would be a plus but is not a requirement.