Our client, a rapidly growing organisation in the finance sector, have an exciting opportunity for a bright and talented sales adviser to help them further expand their business and cement their brand as a household name. The position is temporary for approximately 6 months, and could extend for the right person.
The role involves making outbound sales calls to warm leads (for example lapsed customers), as well as cold-calling. A number of leads will be provided in the form of lists with contact information, however some research and lead-gathering is likely to be a component of the role.
A successful candidate needs to be self-motivated and ambitious, with an excellent phone manner and very high level of spoken English with excellent attention to detail. Experience of working within a phone-based sales role is a must; ideally within subscription sales.
You will be working as part of a small contact centre team located within the wider office environment (not a call centre). The team is sociable and friendly, with a start-up mentality in an established environment. The client is seeking an independent worker and KPIs will be based around sales only - you will not be micro managed.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation in a forward thinking environment. There may be opportunities to expand and define your own role and specialism as the team grows.
Hours of work are typically from 9am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday, however, for the right person some flexibility could be negotiated, for example an early or late start and finish to fit around other commitments.
- Making a large volume of outbound calls (100 - 150 dials per day is expected, with around 20 - 30% likely to reach a decision maker)
- Successfully converting phone calls to sales using a commercial outlook to upsell and promote add-on products as well as the main product offering
- You will be processing the sale, taking payment and updating notes on the system
- Flexible to potentially assist the customer service team if required, for example during periods of short staffing
- Extensive lists of leads will be provided, however you may need to do your own research and build lead lists, especially as the role progresses
- You will be reporting back to the business on progress
- You will be working towards targets and KPI's set
- Previous experience in a telephone based sales role, ideally of a subscription service
- Reliable - contributes to team targets as well as own targets
- Adaptable, team player, focused on own sales targets but willing to help others if the need arises
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- A creative problem-solver
- Excellent communication skills
- Friendly and positive personality with a confidence talking to a diverse audience
- Self-starter, organised and reliable with attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and timekeeping
- Learns from their mistakes and commits to performing at their best