Our client, a major global organisation, has an excellent opportunity available for an experienced Analyst on a 6m (extendable) contract based in Manchester. Start Mid July.
The Analyst/Senior Analyst is primarily responsible for the operation and management of a large SCCM infrastructure with many of SCCM features such as patch management, system inventory, imaging and software deployment. The SCCM infrastructure supports desktops and notebooks in excess of 100,000 users.
The candidate is expected to be an expert in administrating patch management, software distribution and operating system deployment via Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2016. Candidates must have an in-depth understanding on the inner workings of SCCM 2016 (and/or previous versions). Desktop support engineers and vendors will look to for expert advice during software deployment troubleshooting from this candidate.
The candidate will be responsible for the overall design, configuration, operations, fault resolution, operation and upgrade of the SCCM system.
- Lead vendors in the end to end operations, management, monitoring and upkeep of the SCCM infrastructure.
- Lead in the design and upgrade of SCCM systems to ensure a high level of security, maintainability, reliability and availability.
- Lead in the capacity planning and performance management of the SCCM infrastructure
- Lead in the analysis, diagnosis and resolution of faults for SCCM operations.
- Plan, implement and document system patching and upgrades.
- Adhere and improve change management, problem management, release management, configuration management, disaster recovery and system lifecycle processes.
- Support critical decision making on system design and hardware/software investments in line with the budget and develop justification papers.
- Lead in technology explorations and validation of systems components through proof-of-concepts.
- Articulate and manage requirements in support of tendering process.
- Manage vendors in systems deployment.
- Must have 4 + years SCCM Experience with good experience in OSD
- Excellent knowledge of OS deployment using SCCM, MDT & WD
- Skill: SCCM Infrastructure , processes and Software Updates , Windows Operating Systems , SCCM server administration , installation and Migration of SCCM; SCCM server administration, installation and Migration of SCCM 2012 to SCCM 2016 .
- Performing day-to-day monitoring of the SCCM Infrastructure
- Knowledge of Software Deployment using SCCM 20012/SCCM 2016
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and their components
- Exposure in security patch processes and Software Updates
- Provide operational support and Managing SCCM infrastructure & troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Windows infrastructure services (DNS, WINS, DHCP, etc)
- Knowledge of Powershell/ VB scripting
- Should have good communication skills
- Excellent understanding of Patch management and S/w Distribution
- In depth knowledge in Managing SCCM infrastructure & troubleshooting
- Good understanding on the Reporting
- Good understanding on the implementation of the SCCM infrastructure Desktop
- Must be able to work in Manchester