Our client, a global provider of IT services, requires experienced Security Engineers for 3-month rolling contracts to be based in one of the following cities: Manchester, London, Gloucester or Edinburgh or Bristol. Some remote working is available.
The ideal candidate should have experience and knowledge of a broad range of IT security principles and associated technologies and significant knowledge of Cyber Security as well as some exposure to risk or threat assessment techniques.
Candidates must have excellent documentation skills, some infrastructure knowledge (networking or datacentre) and at least 6 years' experience as a Security Engineer.
- Provide the following capabilities as required by the project or determined by the work load alignment:
- Security Architecture
o Security Engineering and Design
o Security Consultancy
- Work with the engineering lead and project architect to deliver a security solution
- Analyse security risk within each design as appropriate to the scope and ensure that all interested stakeholders are informed or consulted where necessary.
- Design security controls in compliance with group-wide security standards and configuration workbooks
- Where necessary support the project in articulating waivers related to security design decisions taken.
- Take the lead on security architecture decisions and issues where the problem scenario is not covered by a pattern or standard. Seek guidance from Security Specialists where appropriate
- Collaborate with alternative technical resources with the goal of supporting projects in the production of design documentation e.g. Technical Solution Designs (TSD's) or security documentation where necessary.
- Ensure that the drivers of Cost, Pace and Quality are maintained during production of or contribution to design artefacts.
- Provide security design engineering effort that leads to the creation of high quality solutions that comply with all relevant group-wide policies and Security Standards.
- Provide security support for assigned projects at review committees, boards or forums in order to facilitate the project through governance.
- Provide support for projects as they move into the delivery stage at a level suitable to ensure that the solution is implemented as per the design. Ensure the solution is taken back through governance where the design has changed during the implementation cycle.
- Significant knowledge of Cyber Security as it applies to Enterprise business and ideally exposure to risk or threat assessment techniques.
- The candidate should have technical experience and demonstrable skill in one or more of the following areas:
- Cryptographic knowledge including encryption, key exchange, certificate handling and protocols (x509, PKCS12 etc)
- Security Control Frameworks e.g. ISO27001 and practical experience in their implementation
- Security Architecture principles, generic best practices
- Network security devices
- Endpoint defence solutions
- Exposure to malware infection vectors and defence methods
- Endpoint and Server hardening principles, best practices
- Web application firewalls, network load balancers, proxy systems
- Network, Endpoint and Application logging concepts, best practice and monitoring systems including SIEM
- Authentication, Authorisation and Accounting concepts, best practice and IAM management systems. OTP and MFA systems.
- Active Directory Security including federated solutions using ADFS, SAML etc
- Exposure to cloud security models including public, private and hybrid concepts
- Application security including web applications, SaaS services etc
- Data handling principles, protective marking/tagging and data security knowledge