Senior Core Java Developer/Software Engineer
Our client, a global IT service provider, requires a Senior Core Java Developer/Software Engineer with excellent coding skills and passion for quality and proven experience of full stack software development and design.
This is a 6m contract to start ASAP. You will be working on a variety of digital projects being delivered for the customer based in Manchester.
We are looking for great engineers who have a passion for innovative problem solving, quality-first coding and practicing Continuous Integration.
You will form part of a collaborative, iterative and agile process in a multi-disciplined team helping deliver best in class digital solutions. This role provides a unique opportunity to help support and grow an entirely new software development capability.
Reporting to the Principal Software Engineer and working closely with other multi-disciplined engineers, you will be a valued member of the Digital Delivery Centre team, consistently delivering to challenging business objectives, with a focus on testability, robustness, and performance for exciting new projects. You will work on real projects alongside experienced engineers and will be expected to take on some mentoring and coaching of less experienced engineers in the lab.
- Strong experience with Java, Spring Boot or another OO language
- Experience building mobile apps, especially in React Native is desirable but not mandatory
- Java development on googlecloud platform is desirable but not mandatory
- Strong experience with relational database technologies such as MySQL or similar
- Experienced advocate for practices such as Test-Driven Development and Pair Programming
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures: ReSTful APIs and Microservices
- Experience with modern web technologies such as HTML5 and CSS
- Strong Object-Oriented programming skills
- Experience with source code management and version control (Git/GitHub/GitLab)
- Experience with modern CI/CD tools and techniques
- Previous involvement in all stages of the software delivery lifecycle
- Passion for mentoring and technical coaching of developers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills