Senior MS Access Developer (with strong SQL knowledge)
Our client, a global supplier of IT services, requires an experienced MS Access Developer with SQL/TSQL knowledge for a temporary 3+ months contract based in Bristol. There will be occasional travel to Gloucester.
We are looking for canddiates who are proficient in developing, enhancing, augmenting MS Access-based complex applications.
- Work with the Business Analyst & application stakeholders to agree on a set of technical requirements that can be built out.
- Work with the Business Analyst to present the business with any mockups/screens of the MVP being developed. These will be the BA's responsibility primarily but need contribution as & when required.
- Help develop the MVP for DIT application based on MS Access & also help re-engineering team with any information required regarding the existing application.
- Any unsolicited enhancements/automation/simplification ideas are welcome during tenure of work
- Business analyst will capture the requirements of MVP module (and existing modules as necessary), the developer needs to work closely with the BA initially to firm up the requirements.
- Development & Test of additional module MVP, including backend database and UI, both in MS Access Technology
- Support UAT and deployment of code into production, the deliverable would be working code for new module along with documentation for Application Re-engineering Team
- The Delivery Integration Trackers Solution was developed in 2016-17 as part of the HPC Project Delivery Model Initiative
- This solution was initially designed as a proof of concept to improve the consistency and control of work across the Engineering, Delivery and Site Command Centres and has been used as production system ever since its inception
- Business has got a need to enhance the solution by adding MVP module for which an experienced MS Access developer with SQL/TSQL knowledge will be required.