Our client, a global provider of IT services has an exciting role for a Senior Systems Administrator (Windows & Unix) based in London on a 6 month rolling contract. Previous experience in similar roles within Financial Services desirable.
The Bladelogic Server Automation Engineer will provide Tier 3 support for configuration and management tools within the environment. This position will provide broad technical expertise in the design and development of tools to monitor and manage server automation and related solutions as well as ensuring the health, integrity, scalability and availability of the environment.
This position will engineer automation packages for servers (Windows UNIX), tool installation and configuration processes. Further responsibilities cover the testing and certification of the central Bladelogic infrastructure .
- At least 5 years' experience working as a Systems Administrator, supporting Windows and UNIX in an environment with 1000+
- Knowledge of Windows Win7/XP/NT/2000/2003/2008 OS, Linux SLES, AIX, Solaris.
- Knowledge of VMWare technologies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of BMC BladeLogic Server Automation with respect to but not limited to the following:
- Creating BL Packages
- Creation of Component Templates, Snapshot, discovery, compliance jobs
- Extended Objects
- Extended Property creation
- Windows/Unix patch catalogue creation, patch analysis and deployment.
- File deploy jobs
- NSH scripting
- Smart Groups
- Working knowledge of Powershell scripting
- Roles Based Access Controls (RBAC)
- BL Infrastructure management
- Should have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent documentation skills.