IT Service Desk Analyst
Our client, a global supplier of IT services requires IT Service Desk Analysts to start immediately for temporary contracts until the end of April. They may be a possibility of extensions.
This role will be working both remotely from home (while travel restrictions are in place) and also some working from the office in Salford Quays as required.
We require Service Desk Analysts with 2 years experience to handle calls providing 1st line support within the Service Desk team. You must be available and able to work a 9 hour shift (including 1 hr of unpaid break) between the hours of 6am - 10.30pm Monday - Friday on rotation. Some weekend work may also be required.
PRIMARY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for a high standard of customer service in-line with performance targets defined for IT Service Desk.
- Identify and resolve incidents from all areas of the business within agreed parameters, ensuring 1st line resolution is achieved wherever possible without referral to further support teams.
- End to end ownership of incidents, ensuring accurate and timely updates are maintained in the Incident Management System.
- Ability to explain technical instructions in a non-technical way.
- Escalation of high priority incidents to both internal and external teams, in line with organization's Incident Management process.
- To maintain an effective working knowledge of incident resolution across all areas of the IT Service Desk, in order to maximize customer service and call resolution.
- Evaluate customer feedback as required, in order to respond where service has not met
expectation and drive improvement actions.
- Take personal responsibility to keep up to date with new technologies, systems and solutions.
- Provide predictive information and trends relating to service disruption to drive improvements to end users and call avoidance.
- Contribute to service improvement projects across the IT Service Desk as required.
- Provide support to ensure the effective running of the operation during out of hours periods as required.
- Proven experience in a customer service environment - Essential;
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Service Desk - Preferred;
- Should be flexible with Shifts - Essential
- Exceptional interpersonal written and verbal (English) communication skills at all levels - Essential;
- Excellent telephone manner - Essential;
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities - Essential;
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload effectively - Essential;
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve service levels - Essential;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure - Essential;
- Takes responsibility, owns the issue and resolves it through identifying and working with the relevant individuals - Essential;
- Takes advantage of every opportunity to communicate relevant information remaining mindful of the audience (e.g. translates complex/technical issues to meet the audience's competency level) - Essential;
- Reflects constructively and remains positive when faced with setbacks and continues to work towards a solution. Considers the impact of decisions and reviews decision as required - Essential;
- Troubleshooting issues with PC hardware and peripherals e.g. Graphics cards, Hard Drives, RAM and Printers etc - Essential;
- Installing, configuring and supporting Microsoft products - Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Microsoft Office applications (including Outlook 2003) - Essential;
- Basic administration of Active Directory - Essential;
- Basic Networking troubleshooting (TCPIP, DHCP, DNS) - Essential;
- Backup/Restore knowledge - Essential;
- Use of Remote Access tools (preferably VNC) - Essential;
- Understanding of concepts such as WAN, LAN, Intranet versus Internet - Essential;
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Be adaptable to change and have high levels of motivation - Desirable;
- Recognise how individual responsibility impacts team delivery - Desirable;
- Recognise the importance of the customer through gaining feedback and using it as a basis for decision making. Shares key findings with colleagues and great stories of exceptional customer service - Desirable;
- Gives new ideas every opportunity to succeed at making improvement - Desirable;
- Previous experience working in a retail environment with sound knowledge of business processes and procedures - Desirable;