Our client, a rapidly growing organisation in the finance sector, have a new and exciting opportunity for a bright and talented team leader with experience of phone based customer service and upselling to help them further expand their business and cement their brand as a household name. The successful candidate will grow and develop a customer service team from scratch, building from an established out-sourced model that will now be moving in-house, and provide relevant data and strategy to the business to ensure a successful in-house service provision.
The position is a 12-month contract with an immediate start date.
You must be willing to initially work on the phones, taking customer service calls and upselling with a highly commercial focus, to develop a full understanding of the business and client base. The role will include recruitment, ongoing team leadership and coaching, strategy, and providing sales and customer service satisfaction data to the business.
Opportunities exist to progress and define your own role and specialism as the team grows.
The role requires a hard working team player, with a flexible attitude, the desire to succeed and a high level of integrity. You must have experience managing a team of customer service advisers and of working in a call centre or a front line customer service role before, with a degree of sales or able to demonstrate a strong degree of commercial awareness.
A very high level of English spelling and grammar with excellent attention to detail is required, to carry out customer service interactions by phone, email and live chat.
- You will assist the Strategy Director and Head of Brand & Marketing to set up a new in-house team, from recruitment of advisers, and managing rotas, to training and processes.
- You will be taking inbound calls from your customers and ensure a successful outcome
- You will be planning and executing sales and retention activities
- You will be taking calls with our adviser and client customers, identifying how they can make the most of our services and upsell other products.
- You will be effortlessly be able to give customers advice about the sign-up process and answer any general questions consumers might have about the products.
- You will be following up with consumers to ensure that the sign-up process has been successful and gather feedback
- You will be sharing insight with our Marketing team and Product team to help create better experiences and products
- Ensuring the rest of the company remains customer-focussed and fixated on building the best possible customer experience.
- A creative problem-solver
- Excellent communication skills
- You love helping people and you're empathetic
- You need to be a responsive listener, adapting your approach when necessary
- Strong work ethic and timekeeping
- Learns from their mistakes and commits to performing at their best
- You're friendly, positive and feel confident talking to a diverse audience
- Self-starter, organised and reliable with attention to detail