Our client, a global provider of IT Services, requires an experienced UNIX infrastructure and Software consultant for their customers' Operations Team.
A broad technical background in a range of UNIX technologies on IBM Power 7/8 hardware or Bull Escala Hardware is required. This should cover software and hardware aspects. LINUX will be an advantage.
Candidates should posess a deep subject matter knowledge and insight on the development, operation and maintenance of UNIX technologies, a broad IT background and capability to support a range of IT service issues as demand requires which requires a range of skills including analysis, planning and summarising insight and conclusions for an executive audience.
A technical background and experience is required in addition to consulting skills such as organisational, planning and direction setting are required to deliver the right service outcomes.
This role is a 6-12m temporary contract based in Norwich. There is a requirement to be on call to support the Major incident management team in case of major incidents (sev 1-2)
Role Purpose & Key Accountabilities:
The role is varied in nature and will include many of the responsibilities below:-
- Planning service delivery
- Managing service operations
- Driving change delivery
- Monitor and manage controls and risks
- Provide MI and progress reporting
- Identify, own & manage key risks &/or IT controls
- Supporting Incident Management teams
- Recommending & leading change when required
- Identify cost savings and drive to realisation
Key Skills/Knowledge Required:
- A broad technical background in a range of UNIX technologies on IBM Power 7/8 hardware or Bull Escala Hardware. This should cover software and hardware aspects. LINUX will be an advantage
- Experience of incident and problem management process. Able to articulate complex technical problems for an executive audience
- Working in a commercial / outsourced environment where detailed activity is carried out by a third party
- Supporting BAU operations and project related change requirements
- Building business cases for infrastructure changes, gathering information and reviewing to proceed with a best practice recommendation.
- Supporting and managing risk management
- Communicating to different levels within an organisation, supporting Stakeholders to make informed decisions.
- Working in a regulated financial sector would be of benefit
- Communicating to different levels within an organisation, supporting Stakeholders to make informed decisions
- working in a commercial / outsourced environment where detailed activity is carried out by a third party
- Accountable for solving problems and dealing with difficulties in line with policy, process and other guidelines applying technical knowledge and expertise
- Depending on the nature of the specific role, problems can range from repetitive daily issues to complex technical problems requiring significant expertise
- Escalate problems according to guidelines
- Support front line staff, other teams and suppliers by giving advice or by taking on accountability to resolve more complex problems
- Build effective working relationships across relevant teams, amongst others, in: Global Infrastructure and Operations, global CIO teams, local CISO, major programmes
- Build effective working relationships across relevant teams in external suppliers
- Coordinate, support and report on supplier performance