Our client, a global leader in the finance industry, is seeking an experienced VAT Representative to join their fast paced team based in central London on a 6-month contract basis, to handle VAT reconciliation, returns and compliance.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic and progressive organisation that is dedicated to bringing out the best in their staff and encourage self-development and progression within a smart, fast and complex working environment.
The ideal candidate will speak a second European language along with fluent English and have experience working with VAT matters in an accountancy practice, preferably in a shared service team within a large, corporate environment with a similarly fast-paced culture and high-volume work load.
- Prepare and submit VAT returns, reconciliation reports and supplementary analysis in an accurate and timely manner
- Provide VAT advisory support to the team and the wider business
- Take initiative in relation to VAT projects, to ensure accuracy and compliance, and work to improve processes where needed
- Active participation in cross functional projects; assisting the business with related matters where required
- Providing a high-level of customer service to the business
- Qualified / part qualified tax professional or relevant academic background
- Experience of preparing VAT returns, reconciliations and associated reporting in a busy, high-pressure environment essential
- Experience of other indirect taxes advantageous
- Strong organisational skills with ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines
- Flexible approach, team worker with initiative and a global outlook
- Ideally, a second European language such as French, German, Italian, Spanish, Polish or a Scandinavian language
- Strong understanding of VAT compliance requirements in a large, corporate environment
- Advanced I.T and technical skills including accountancy packages (SAP, Sage) and Microsoft Excel
- Commercial acumen and customer service focus
- Available to start work immediately and commit to a 6 month contract with possible extension