Our client, a global leader in the finance industry, is seeking an experienced VAT specialist join their EMEA Indirect Tax Compliance team based in central London on 12-month contract basis.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic and progressive organisation that is dedicated to bringing out the best in their staff and encourage self-development and progression within a smart, fast and complex working environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing VAT/GSK returns and other statistical reports for a number of countries in the EMEA region and will work on a number of operational indirect tax projects.
- Prepare VAT/GST returns and related VAT/GST compliance filings.
- Extracting and reconciling relevant data from financial reporting systems, liaising with colleagues in tax and finance teams and other parts of the business and preparing draft VAT/GST return calculations.
- Preparation of periodic (monthly/quarterly/annual) indirect tax financial reporting, forecasting and reconciliations, which involves extracting and analysing data from relevant systems and reports.
- Working with external advisors to ensure the accurate and timely submission of indirect tax returns and related compliance filings.
- Ensuring that all indirect tax filing deadlines are met in compliance with the tax calendar.
- Conduct research on EMEA indirect tax related queries.
- Monitor VAT/GST rate and rule changes
- Assisting with other tax related project work such as implementing VAT process change, maintaining the tax calendar, and other tax related projects as appropriate and subject to capacity
- Qualified / part qualified tax professional or relevant academic background
- Indirect tax compliance experience, preferably in house with a large multi-national corporation or with a professional services firm's Indirect Tax compliance function.
- Experience using financial reporting systems and proficiency in Microsoft Excel to extract analyse and reconcile data
- Must have knowledge of EMEA VAT/GST legislation
- Ability to prioritise high volume of activities and to meet deadlines
- Commercial acumen and customer service focus
- Flexible approach, team worker with initiative and a global outlook
- Available to start work immediately and commit to a 12-month contract