Our client, a global provider of IT services, requires a VMWare & UCS Engineer (Unified Computing) with extensive experience in VMware and Cisco Data Center Operations, Design, Implementing and Troubleshooting, and experience with installing & Configuring vSphere 6.5 ESXi & vCenter Server.
This is a 5-month temporary contract based Swindon.
The successful candidate will be responsible for design, implementation and support for VMware vSphere and Cisco UCS platform builds.
- Extensive experience in VMware and Cisco Data Center Operations, Design, Implementing and Troubleshooting
- Installing & Configuring vSphere 6.5 ESXi & vCenter Server.
- Hardening of vSphere and Cisco UCS environment as per industry standards
- Creating Data Centre, managing Virtual Machines through vCenter Server.
- Creating Data store, configuring Security policies on ESXi Server.
- Configuring vSphere HA, DRS. Setting up DRS affinity & anti affinity rules.
- Deploying & configuring VMware appliances.
- Installing & integration of Symantec Application HA with vSphere vCenter.
- Installing & configuration of vSphere Replication server.
- Responsible for VM migration, Cloning & creation of VM templates.
- Working on Migration concepts like vMotion/storage vMotion.
- Patching & upgradation of ESXi Servers.
- P2V and V2V migration using VMware convertor along with pre-migration and post migration tasks.
- Troubleshooting of VMware Virtual Machine issues.
- Basic knowledge on NetApp storage and Networking
- Ability to research, analyze, design, propose and deliver solutions that are appropriate for technology strategies
- In depth working knowledge of Cisco C-series and B-Series servers
- Provide technical expertise and troubleshooting for issues that disrupt critical business process and provides analysis on required remediation that addresses root cause
- Knowledge of SAN switches, storage arrays, Nexus switches
- Working knowledge on Cisco Flexpod solution
- Expertise in installation & configuration of Cisco UCS Fabric Interconnects, Chassis, IOM & Blade servers
- Expertise in Creating Service Profiles, pools, policies & upgrade of UCS Infra and blade firmware
- Knowledge of setting of RBAC roles, installing secured certificates and configuring syslog servers
- Knowledge of windows services such as Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Failover Cluster and WSUS