VMWARE VCF Engineer
Our client, a global provider of IT services, requires an experienced VMWARE VCF Engineer for a 6 month temporary contract based in London. There may be an opportunity for further extension.
This position will be part of the Internal Cloud Platform Migration Support Project in Foundation Services and you would be working as an individual.
- Must understand all components of VCF including: SDDC manager, vSphere, vSAN, NSX for vSphere and vRealize Suite.
- Good undestanding of VMware vSphere components and their function in the infrastructure
- Good Understanding of vCenter Server architecture
- Experience in Managing vCenter Server Appliance and Platform services controller appliance
- Experience in VM migration from vSphere 5.x to 6.x
- Knowledge in working with VMware vCenter Converter tool
- Knowledge on VMware Hybrid Cloud Extension(HCX) for VM migration
- Experience in working with content library as an ISO store, and deploy a virtual machine
- Configure and manage vSphere infrastructure with VMware Host Client™ and VMware vSphere® Client™
- experience in working with vCenter Server storages: VMware vSphere® VMFS, NFS, iSCSI, and RDM
- Manage virtual machines, templates, clones, and snapshots
- Knowledge of how virtual machines vMotion® and virtual machine Storage vMotion® works
- Experience in managing resource pools
- Good understanding of VMware vSphere® High Availability (vSphere HA) and cluster architecture
- Manage vSphere HA and VMware vSphere® Fault Tolerance
- Knowledge of VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™ to improve host scalability
- Experience in working with VMware vSphere® Update Manager™ to apply patches and perform basic troubleshooting of ESXi hosts, virtual machines, and vCenter Server operations
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal skills.
- Ability to collaborate with different roles to achieve common goals.
- Experience in Vmware Cloud Foundation:
- Must have advanced working experience with VMWare Cloud Foundation and Vmware SDDC stack - vSphere 6.5 and above is a requirement
- Must have experience with engineering, designing and implementing solutions for VMware vSphere, VMware vSAN and VMware NSX
- Must understand all components of VCF this includes: SDDC manager, vSphere, vSAN, NSX for vSphere and vRealize Suite.
- Provide technical expertise throughout the software life cycle including design, implementation and delivery.
- Proficiency and experience with VMware Products vSphere, NSX/Networking or the ability quickly learn the domain and come up to speed.
- Good understanding of VMware Cloud Foundation architecture
- Knowledge of deploying cloud foundation builder VM and ESXi host imaging process
- Experience in deploying SDDC manager and creating management workload domain
- Experience in managing physical and logical resources in SDDC manager
- knowledge of configuring and provisioning the environments and the workload domains
- Configure monitoring alerts and health of the Cloud Foundation environment
- Experience in VMware cloud on AWS is an added advantage