VMWARE VCF Engineer
Our client, a global provider of IT services, requires an experienced VMWARE VCF Engineer for a 6 month+ temporary contract based in London.
This position will be part of the Internal Cloud Platform Migration Support Project in Foundation Services and you would be working as an individual.
- Must understand all components of VCF including: SDDC manager, vSphere, vSAN, NSX for vSphere and vRealize Suite.
- Good undestanding of VMware vSphere components and their function in the infrastructure
- Good Understanding of vCenter Server architecture
- Experience in Managing vCenter Server Appliance and Platform services controller appliance
- Experience in VM migration from vSphere 5.x to 6.x
- Knowledge in working with VMware vCenter Converter tool
- Knowledge on VMware Hybrid Cloud Extension(HCX) for VM migration
- Experience in working with content library as an ISO store, and deploy a virtual machine
- Configure and manage vSphere infrastructure with VMware Host Client™ and VMware vSphere® Client™
- experience in working with vCenter Server storages: VMware vSphere® VMFS, NFS, iSCSI, and RDM
- Manage virtual machines, templates, clones, and snapshots
- Knowledge of how virtual machines vMotion® and virtual machine Storage vMotion® works
- Experience in managing resource pools
- Good understanding of VMware vSphere® High Availability (vSphere HA) and cluster architecture
- Manage vSphere HA and VMware vSphere® Fault Tolerance
- Knowledge of VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™ to improve host scalability
- Experience in working with VMware vSphere® Update Manager™ to apply patches and perform basic troubleshooting of ESXi hosts, virtual machines, and vCenter Server operations
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal skills.
- Ability to collaborate with different roles to achieve common goals.
- Experience in Vmware Cloud Foundation:
- Must have advanced working experience with VMWare Cloud Foundation and Vmware SDDC stack - vSphere 6.5 and above is a requirement
- Must have experience with engineering, designing and implementing solutions for VMware vSphere, VMware vSAN and VMware NSX
- Must understand all components of VCF this includes: SDDC manager, vSphere, vSAN, NSX for vSphere and vRealize Suite.
- Provide technical expertise throughout the software life cycle including design, implementation and delivery.
- Proficiency and experience with VMware Products vSphere, NSX/Networking or the ability quickly learn the domain and come up to speed.
- Good understanding of VMware Cloud Foundation architecture
- Knowledge of deploying cloud foundation builder VM and ESXi host imaging process
- Experience in deploying SDDC manager and creating management workload domain
- Experience in managing physical and logical resources in SDDC manager
- knowledge of configuring and provisioning the environments and the workload domains
- Configure monitoring alerts and health of the Cloud Foundation environment
- Experience in VMware cloud on AWS is an added advantage