Our client, a global finance organisation and well known brand is looking for a passionate Warehouse Operative to join their Supply Chain Technical Production Team based in Silvertown. Forklift driving will be required, along with use of the SAP stock control system, lifting of items up to 20kg, accurate stock checking, basic administration and providing excellent customer service to other departments.
You would be joining a team that provides an excellent service to both internal and external customers. Successful candidate would need to be available to start immediately.
Working within a small technical team, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth flow of inwards and outwards goods for a global organisation. This will include forklift driving, offloading deliveries, dealing with suppliers, picking and packing of goods, entering information into the stock control system and potentially some I.T technical work for which training will be provided, such as working on the repair and configuration of HP pcs and keyboard repairs, if the I.T team is short staffed.
Applicants must be reliable and have a stable job history along with experience working in a warehouse environment.
- Managing the Supply Chain process including receiving goods and logging in SAP
- Driving a forklift
- Following health and safety procedures
- Communicating with suppliers and clients to ensure smooth running inwards and outwards goods process
- Picking and packing of goods - potentially unloading up to 20 kgs
- Communicating with other departments within the company to provide the best service to both internal and external customers.
- Possibly some basic I.T Technical work, for which training will be provided
Requirements / Skills
- Reliable, conscientious team player whose passion is to work to provide a great service.
- Previous experience in a similar environment.
- Forklift license
- Physically able to undertake physically demanding duties such as lifting items that may weigh up to 20kg
- Experience loading and offloading goods
- Ability to work in an environment of constant change and learn new technologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- SAP RP1 knowledge / experience preferred.
Applicants must be able to start work as early as 7am. This is an immediate start.