Our client, a global finance organisation and well known brand is seeking a passionate Warehouse Operative with a keen interest in logistics to join their busy team in a business critical, exciting project role assisting with a major office move.
The role will be primarily based in Canning Town, with some travel required to Central London-based locations. Forklift driving will be required, along with use of the SAP stock control system, lifting of heavy and bulking items, logistics planning, accurate stock checking, basic administration and providing excellent customer service to other departments. You will be required to collaborate with other members of the project team to ensure efficient processes related to the office move logistics.
The successful candidates will need to be available to start work asap. Initially the role will be a 8 month contract but there is the potential for extension.
Applicants must be reliable and have a stable job history along with experience working in a warehouse environment and ideally some experience of logistics, organising an office move, or similar project based tasks. A forklift license would be ideal but is not essential as training will be provided.
- Smooth tracking and flow of goods and materials
- Driving a forklift
- Stacking pallets, tidying and keeping the area clean and free of hazards
- Following health and safety procedures
- Communicating with colleagues who are working on the project to ensure efficient work flow
- Loading and unloading material goods - this will involve the use of forklifts and other machinery
- Communicating with other departments within the company to provide the best service to both internal and external customers.
- Possibly some basic I.T work, for which training will be provided
Requirements / Skills
- Reliable, conscientious team player whose passion is to work to provide a great service
- Previous experience in a similar environment, ideally with experience of logistics
- Forklift license preferred
- Experience loading and offloading goods adhering to appropriate health and safety procedures
- Inventory control/stock management
- Ability to work in an environment of constant change and learn new technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to update senior staff members on the project
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- SAP RP1 knowledge / experience preferred