Our client, a global finance organisation and well known brand is seeking a Warehouse Operative with a keen interest in logistics to join their busy team in business critical roles with varied duties and the opportunity to learn new skills.
The roles will be primarily based in Central London or Canning Town, with some travel occasionally required to the other location (either central London or Canning Town). Applicants may be rotated into different areas according to the business needs, so will need to have a flexible mindset and be prepared to work in several different areas including assisting with an office move and decommissioning, goods-in and out. Full training will be provided, but experience in these areas would be a bonus.
Duties that may be included: use of the SAP stock control system, lifting of heavy and bulking items, logistics planning, accurate stock checking, basic administration and providing excellent customer service to other departments.
The successful candidates will need to be available to start work asap. The role will be a 2 month contract.
Applicants must be reliable and have a stable job history along with experience working in a warehouse environment and ideally some experience in similar roles.
- Smooth tracking and flow of goods and materials
- Lifting of heavy and bulking items
- Stacking pallets, tidying and keeping the area clean and free of hazards
- Following health and safety procedures
- Communicating with colleagues who are working on the project to ensure efficient work flow
- Loading and unloading material goods - this will involve the use of forklifts and other machinery
- Communicating with other departments within the company to provide the best service to both internal and external customers.
Requirements / Skills
- Reliable, conscientious team player whose passion is to work to provide a great service
- Previous experience in a similar environment, ideally with experience of logistics
- Forklift license preferred
- Experience loading and offloading goods adhering to appropriate health and safety procedures
- Inventory control/stock management
- Ability to work in an environment of constant change and learn new technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to update senior staff members on the project
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Can work shifts between 7am - 6pm (8 hours per shift) Monday - Friday.