Warehouse Operative/Logistics Project
Our client, a global finance organisation and well known brand is seeking a passionate Warehouse Operative with a keen interest in logistics to join their busy team in a business critical, exciting project role assisting with a major office move. The role will be primarily based in central London, with some travel required to other London-based locations. Forklift driving will be required, along with use of the SAP stock control system, lifting of heavy and bulking items, logistics planning, accurate stock checking, basic administration and providing excellent customer service to other departments. You will be required to collaborate with other members of the project team to ensure efficient processes related to the office move logistics.
The successful candidates will need to be available to start work on October 30th (some flexibility on this may be possible for exceptional candidates). A flexible attitude is required, as due to the nature of the project, some evening work will be required (Fridays), as well as some weekends. Hours outside the standard shift pattern (7am - 6pm Monday - Friday) will be compensated at a higher rate, providing advance approval is given. The rate will be a set monthly package, with potential for additional overtime hours. Initially the role will be a 6 month contract but there is the potential for extension.
Applicants must be reliable and have a stable job history along with experience working in a warehouse environment and ideally some experience of logistics, organising an office move, or similar project based tasks. A forklift license would be ideal but is not essential as training will be provided.
- Managing the process of moving equipment and furniture between offices, including the smooth tracking and flow of goods and materials
- Driving a forklift
- Stacking pallets, tidying and keeping the area clean and free of hazards
- Following health and safety procedures
- Communicating with colleagues who are working on the project to ensure efficient work flow. This will include updating and communicating with senior members of the project
- Loading and unloading material goods including office equipment - this will involve the use of forklifts and other machinery
- Communicating with other departments within the company to provide the best service to both internal and external customers.
- Possibly some basic I.T work, for which training will be provided
Requirements / Skills
- Reliable, conscientious team player whose passion is to work to provide a great service
- Flexible to work overtime to meet the project needs, including Friday evenings and weekends. Hours worked outside the normal shift pattern will be compensated with prior approval.
- Previous experience in a similar environment, ideally with experience of logistics or an office move
- Forklift license preferred
- Experience loading and offloading goods adhering to appropriate health and safety procedures
- Inventory control/stock management
- Ability to work in an environment of constant change and learn new technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to update senior staff members on the project
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- SAP RP1 knowledge / experience preferred