Our client, a global provider of IT services, requires a Websphere Administrator for a 6 month temporary contract with a possibility for further extension. This role is based in Knutsford, Cheshire.
This position will be part of the Infrastructure Services projects and you will be working as an individual to manage the business units' requirements.
Key Skills/Knowledge required:
- In depth experience of working in a 2nd/3rd line IT support or project delivery environment (ideally previous experience within Middleware, JAVA or related technology)
- Skilled in incident, problem and change management - ITIL accreditation preferred
- Analytical ability including root cause identification and pro-active service improvement
- Change Management/Project build, test and implementation of Middleware/ JAVA or Web services components
- Ability to understand and influence high level technical design of Middleware components
- Software maintenance and patching
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Team player
- Managing Websphere Application Server Log Analysis
- Managing Websphere application Server configuration in accordance with designs
- Installing and configure Websphere MQ and Websphere Message Broker
- Install, configure, tune and support WebSphere Application Server
- Setup load balancing, clustering, and failover