Our client, a global provider of IT services, requires a Windows 10 Rollout Engineer for its customer based in Salford Quays, Manchester. The contract is until the end of November.
Successful candidates must have 2-5years previous experience in Windows 10 Desktop rollout as well as excellent communication and customer service skills as this is a client facing role. Training will be provided.
- Provide onsite support for the windows10 rollout
- Assist users with the Windows 10 login and initial configurations like, Outlook setup, OneDrive setup, Application installation etc..
- Build and prepare laptops with Windows10 OS
- Laptop OS deployment through PXE
- Resolve user's issues related to Windows10 OS
- Assist and educate the users with Windows 10 related queries
- Manage IT assets through the tools and tracking mechanism available
- Coordinate with vendor and supplier for warranty/non-warranty support
- Capture logs (or) run diagnostics to troubleshoot and report device, faults error as applicable
- Take proactive measures to support the rollout program
- Report any issues or challenges as soon as identified to do damage control
- Coordinate with other support teams as incident requires
- Coordinate with vendor for repair/replacement
- Troubleshoot and provide remote support for Windows10 devices as applicable
- Resolving common issues with OS & hardware
- Resolving common issues with applications in Window10
- Responsible in resolving the tickets assigned to their resolver group within the agreed SLA (Service Level Agreement)
- Managing IT assets and maintaining the stock
- Coordinating with Vendor for hardware issues as applicable
- Experience in supporting the end users
- Good customer handling skills and communication skills
- Certification in windows is preferred
- Hands on experience and knowledge of Windows10 system
- Experience in building laptops/desktops with Windows10 (PXE, USB boot)
- Knowledge in deployment technologies SCCM, MDT etc..
- Experience in ITSM tools
- Excellent customer etiquette, ability to speak and write clearly and accurately
- Knowledge of relevant end user computer applications
- Knowledge in troubleshooting Windows10 OS and application related issues
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Effective listening skills
- Willingness to co-operate with other support group and work
- Multi-tasking capabilities
- Willingness to extend the support as and when required.
- Excellent organizational/administrative/technical skills with agility to re-prioritize as necessary
- SCCM and Office 365 knowledge is desirable but not mandatory